Al Barsha is a collection of sub-communties and is one of the newer residential developments located in west Dubai, south of Al Sufouh. Al Barsha is bounded by Sheikh Zayed Road and Emirates Road. The community is close to Dubai Internet City, Dubai Marina and the Palm Jumeirah. Landmarks include Mall of the Emirates, Dubai American Academy and American School of Dubai.
Amenities & facilities
It’s just a quick hop to the mighty Mall of the Emirates and many smaller, independent outfits such as spas, restaurants, salons and take-aways have sprung up around the area. Residents now have a green haven to escape to with the opening of the long awaited Al Barsha Pond Park.
Schools in the area include the Dubai American Academy and Al Mawakeb. Dubai College, Jumeirah English Speaking School and Wellington International School are also nearby.
Who lives here?
Al Barsha was once popular with groups of young professionals, who wished to share the cost of a property, but they have moved on and the area is becoming the preserve of families.
Al Barsha has large villa communities and midrise apartment towers that are popular with the locals as well as expats. There is non foreign ownership in this area which gives the community a more local feel. Apartments are of good quality as they are newly built. They are executive type flats and not necessarily luxurious. Nearly all the buildings tend to have the usual extras such as gyms and swimming pools.
- You will get a lot more for your money than somewhere like Jumeirah in terms of villa size
- The area is central with easy access to Al Khail Road and Sheikh Zayed Road
- Mall of the Emirates is on your doorstep
- Al Quoz art community is very near
- The community is still a work in progress so some areas still resemble a building site
- Traffic diversions and dust are the obvious bedfellows to the construction activity dotted around villas and compounds