Zip lining has been a value addition to Dubai’s ever expanding list of outdoor adventures. Stretching across Dubai Mall’s iconic fountain, the ultimate flying experience — XLine was first launched in 2015 under the extreme sports company XDubai.
Following its success, world’s tallest and steepest urban zip line was installed at Dubai Marina in December 2017. The one kilometer zip line stretches from Amwaj towers in JBR and goes at an average speed of 80 kilometers per hour down to the terrace of Marina Mall.
With so much hype about this one of a kind experience, two of our dynamic agents, the go-getters and Stars of the Month, Malek and Dona took advantage of being located right next to Dubai’s new hot spot and channeled their inner thrill-seekers by zip lining over Marina’s breathtaking skyline.
And here’s what it looked like:
Thinking of trying it out yourself? Here are some important Dos and Don’ts as shared by Malek and Dona:
- Mark your checklist: You need to be between 12 to 65 years of age, taller than 130cm, weigh 50 to 100kg and in good medical health.
- Follow instructions: It’s important to carefully listen to the safety briefings given by your zip line operator.
- Wear your gear: Body harness and helmet are zip line essentials.
- Rush through the moment: Let your mind and your body experience every bit of it this amazing adventure.
- Worry about selfies: It’s not safe to use camera while zip lining so avoid holding selfie sticks.
- Wear flip-flops: Avoid wearing any kind of strapless shoes or dangling items that you may lose during descend.